Monday, February 1, 2010

Wonder

Back to the daily blogging routine - and damn happy about it too! My stint as a temp freelancer for the For-Profit Man has come to a close, at least for the moment, as so I'll finally have a little time back to do all the things I wanted to do when I left my full-time job in the first place. Happy day!


Thank goodness, too, as I've been reading Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott and I don't think I've ever felt such an urge to just put pen to paper and go. She suggests starting small and irrelevant, writing about school lunches and what they meant. Why not? You can tell a life by a lunch box's progression - from bread and butter sandwiches to mayo-heavy tunafish on Thin Sandwich Wonderbread to Boar's Head Roast Beef to a stint of cold Gelson's Chicken Fingers or Cajun Shrimp Pasta to a gourmet piling of mixed greens, turkey breast, avocado, tomato, cream cheese and dijon on rosemary bread. Each of those has a reason and reflect a chapter of childhood. And the foodie in me is sated.

So here's to more time for stories; semi-employment certainly has its perks.

No comments: