Friday, February 5, 2010

TGI...

How funny Fridays are when you are not employed full-time. Even if I were still drinking, I don't think I would relish the five pm drink the same way as when I was slogging through sixty-hour weeks. This is not a bad thing.

We're all waiting for the snow to start here in New York. I've received countless e-newsletters playing with the threat of upcoming precipitation. Antici-precipitation. I have decent provisions, should it come to that, but really, my NY1 forecast predicted four inches. I think we'll live.

(I say this now...)

My college's alumni magazine arrived this morning. I was expecting, as I opened it, to end up feeling deflated, left-in-the-dust, outshone. While there's a whole lot of merit and reward in those pages, however, I don't feel envy. People seem to be making their way, but I didn't find any miracle-suckers in there. No one wheezed on the juice of good fortune.

I'm finally feeling pro-anthropic. I like people. I like being a person. We are all just trying to figure it out, and, if nothing else, we have that in common. We are working on it. And that it is us. And that is just fine with me. I feel this is the moment we all hold hands and sing things to the soon-to-fall snowflakes. Dah-who dar-aze... Who knew New York would be my Whoville today?

No comments: