Friday, February 12, 2010

Before the Everglades

What a day of self-doubt. Yipes. But I will get through it and then forget it was this pervasive. Circle of something something.


Tomorrow I leave for Florida to tour the Everglades with Dad. I've never been, and I hope it's the kind of thing we can just breeze into. I don't have a ton of pre-planning energy in me right now, so let's all just keep our fingers crossed.

I was rejected from University of Wisconsin - Madison this morning. That didn't feel great. Then again, I didn't expect to get in everywhere. Just somewhere would be nice. Again - more finger crossing please.

Also, a lot of mad women are trying to burn down my attic. This is a metaphor, thank goodness, but it still feels vitally threatening. I'm keeping it to a dull smolder, but reconciling the past with the present is making me want to install extinguishers on every floor. There is more than one way to feel smoke coming out of one's ears.

Thank goodness for therapy, weekends, my family, and the wild wilderness ahead.

No comments: