Monday, February 8, 2010

Good and Lazy

I am having a serious couch potato moment. Maybe it's because I've already been to the gym, done a day's work, seen the Tim Burton exhibit at MOMA, shopped at three bodegas (9 times), and eaten a heaping tablespoon of creamy peanut butter. Yes, maybe that is partly to do with it. But somehow, the only real reason I come up with is: I AM LAZY & NO GOOD.

Why are we all so damn hard on ourselves?

The more time I spend sober, the more aware I am of the constant stream of self-criticism I harbor. Christ. In some ways, the critique's consistency should be freeing - I don't think the inner-chatter could possibly escalate, so I have nothing more to fear. I could commit a million crimes and the volume level would be the same - Spinal Tap's deafening 11.

Breathe.

Things are good. I am good. Life is good. The elliptical machine, Tim Burton, creamy peanut butter, and bodegas are good. Couch potato is good. Even lazy can be good.

Good?

Good.

No comments: