Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Two Thousand Ten

Happy New Year!


Already I've been pitched into things head first. It's okay. This is temporary. I can do this. Just focus on that one thing right in front of me. Do that. Then the next thing. Do that.

My mind has been functioning in sentence fractures all week. It's only Tuesday. Insert expletive here.

If I don't get into grad school, I will have some serious thinking to do. I'll go be a surrogate parent in California. I'll start teaching English in China. I'll tend bar in a seedy Western town and change my name to Blossom Jones.

I will marry up.

But this cannot be my every year. Even if it happens to be my this year. It's okay. This is temporary. I can do this. Just focus on that one thing right in front of me. Do that. Then the next thing. Do that.

No comments: