Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mug Half Full

I've found a new coffeeshop, thank goodness. There are a few wayward children round the 5 o'clock hour, but, alas, no breasts have been bared since I've been here today. Quite a change from the now defunct Tea Lounge on ol' Court Street.

You tell 'em, big boy!

Everything seems to be moving forward at a decent clip here in Freelancer Town. My days have suddenly shifted and settled into something akin to a schedule, with allotted hours for breakfast, work, gym, lunch, work, dinner, writing/mayhem. If this cloud of self-doubt, fear, and financial woe weren't dangling down just within the ozone of my universe, I'd really be enjoying life right now. But even with the cloud, this isn't the terror I was expecting. Life is good. Life is perilous as all get out. But life is good.

I had lunch with a high school friend today. Instead of the interaction dragging me back into the insecurities that plagued me a decade ago, I felt comfortable. That really is an amazing thing. Somehow, I have managed to grow up in the past twelve-odd years, despite repeated efforts to the contrary. What a crazy world -- and I'm actually glad, right now, to be in it.

Fancy that.

No comments: