Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So What Did You Do Today?

18 1/2 hours and counting. Not that that is even so impressive, compared to the twelve-hour days spent in a cubicle not all that long ago. Still, I am decently proud of today and all its many minutes - I was in three boroughs, after all. The following is an illustrated recap of my day:

1.
Today I successfully presented a Social Media Strategy to a very important CEO.


2.
Then, at a small Greek diner complete with Poseidon window etchings and ample feta cheese, I discussed a possible mini-merger with a PR agency's Founding President (assuming my small consulting business can be called its own company, which is both a bit of a stretch and a possible tax evasion charge).


3.
Back at home and hungry again, I created a very delightful lactose-free icy soy milk treat. This is not a picture of my treat. My treat was vastly superior.


4.
Making good on a previous promise and hyped up on sugary goodness, I then pitched The New American Dream, a Launch Party (with Free Beer) to UrbanDaddy, Thrillist & Metromix. The best part? All three really liked the idea. Delightful!


5.
Preparing for my MFA class later this evening, I then read and reviewed three different short stories. All of the stories were about gay people. Also delightful!


Less visually interesting items for the day also include:
  • going to the gym
  • attending said MFA class with people who don't seem nearly as gay as their characters
  • riding the N train into oblivion and back
  • enjoying the human beings that spend their twilight hours laminating at Kinkos
  • talking to Mami about love lost and cured ham
  • and, of course, blogging

Ahh, yes; an economy 2.0 job well done!


No comments: