Thursday, September 17, 2009

Far from Home

Today was the first day I worked outside of home -- in the Tea Lounge, in fact, in Brooklyn. Typical Brooklyn, I was surrounded by other freelance writers and nursing mothers. Ah, I sing of the body lactation. I did not, however, see anyone with both a laptop and a baby. Note that, Cait. Note that now.

Granted, He may well be the son of God, but whatever happened to your novel, Mary?

There in between the typing and teats, I finally hunkered down and finished my manuscript draft for the MFA class. Four hours and 25 pages later, that puppy's done. Whew.

Then I flew off to Chelsea, the F train my wings, to meet a former coworker. Interesting night - the conversation somehow landed on the recent Yale murder.

"Do what you love today," I found myself saying, "because no one can promise you tomorrow."

Indeed.

Goodnight.

No comments: