Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Business Casual

Agenda items for today's Fresh-Minted Freelance blog post:
  • The Deja Vu: The big former PR firm where I once worked has asked me back to temp freelance, but in a division that sounds pretty exciting and on projects I think I'd really be able to contribute to.
  • My Meal Plan: I have not been paid from my last job and am currently out of my usual poverty staples of tomato sauce, canned chickpeas, and peanut butter. The last meal I ate was entirely damning - a poor man's tuna casserole. I thought tuna casserole was a poor man's tuna casserole. And then I became too poor to afford it.
  • Dating: My phone rang and the number was NJ. I was wary - NJ calls are always interesting. How right I was. A reporter I'd met in a bar called, asked me on a very entertaining-sounding date and was completely winning on the phone. Perhaps I'll say yes, I thought, but of course I will Google him first. Googled him. He was called the inspiration for Inglorious Bastards - and called that by Harvey Weinstein, no less. Great.
  • Feline Fetish: The cats outside my window right now are either clawing one another to death, or having the most passionate cat lovin' I have ever heard. Perhaps both.
  • Fiction Under Fire: Nearly everything I've ever written (hyperbole alert!) will be dissected in my writing class tonight. This makes me nervous and prone to exaggeration. Gross exaggeration.
  • Hamburgers and Beer: This is what I really want right now - and I don't think I'm going to be getting either anytime soon. Guess it's Chicken of the Sea for me.

No comments: