Friday, March 5, 2010

My Bellybutton, or Self-Discovery Rocks Part ii




In the interest of me me me, here is a completely new launchpad list of what I might really like to do with myself sometime between tomorrow and when I die:

  • Take some time to join up with a Brooklyn non-profit to organize workshops for disadvantaged teen girls. These workshops would teach local girls how to turn their natural social media fluency into a promotional tool, a networking outlet and a marketable skill. Eventually, in this hypothetical utopia, I'd then take a few of the more interested girls and partner them with creative non-profit organizations, neighborhood art spaces, and Brooklyn-based businesses invested in the immediate community, giving the young women key in-the-field experience and exposure to new community role models and giving the local organizations some additional social media marketing guidance and manpower. The ultimate goal would be to found and direct my own spin-off non-profit that would do this on a much larger scale in communities throughout Brooklyn, teaming up with a brand sponsor like Palm (as their Smartphones would be a natural tie-in and brand loyalty is strongly increased when brands adopt clear, positive social causes) and create collateral spin-off materials (inside-look blogs, video podcasts, etc.) that would raise funds, increase awareness and inspire similar start-up organizations nationwide. Yes.
My bellybutton thanks you for your time, and it hopes you enjoyed basking in its sunshine.

No comments: